bridgesitter
Wednesday, January 26, 2005
  Ask me a question, any Question. So anyway I've been sitting at this !#$#@! computer along time already today. Between reading everyone's blogs and surfing the internet to see what jobs I could do at home when a thought occurred to me. This has nothing to do with surfing the internet mind you, but just how my mind works. A few days ago my husband said I should have a column. Yes, he said you'd be good at giving advice. I know between my kids and my few friends I do give out alot of advice. Some is wanted and some not. I'm a typical mother when it comes to handing out advice. I think my background and experience has given me alot of common sense and some basic principals, (is that supposed to have an e) like looking in dictionary's to find the correct spelling of a word. I have a large Merriam Webster Dictionary that I always use when I'm writing. Sometimes the words just don't look right when seen in front of you, so most times I check. Today my hands are frozen because I won't take the time to build a fire. Makes looking in a dictionary more difficult then usual. I do use the spelling check sometimes, but sometimes they don't acknowledge words I use. My kids keep yelling at me to get off the internet because they can never get a hold of me. I don't have a second line to my house for another phone so that's just the way it is. Why I got off on that I don't know, but yes, I should definitely build a fire. So I have an invitation to offer: If you have a question ask me, let's see how I do? Just for fun. Am I scattered? No, I just have numb fingers and my mind is full of ideas and thoughts right now. I hope you followed this post okay. Well I used the wrong word, the correct word would be principle. I am not writing about my pal or interest earned at the bank.

P.S. You can always post as "anonymous".
 
Comments:
Dear Aunt Bee (B for bridgesitter),
I am an older man with a good job and what most people would consider a good life. I love my family very much and I guess that is my problem. I had two daughters. The youngest one died five years ago at the age of twenty-three. Since that time, I have really cared for nothing except my immediate family which consists of my oldest daughter, my two grandkids and my wife.
I really don't care about anything else at all except as it relates to them. Everything I do is for them. Every breath I take is for them. I am a political activist but not because I actually care about the world. It is just because I want them to have a better place to live in. I don't care about my job except as it relates to their security. Everything is like that to me. If it wasn't for my immediate family, I think I would just be a druggy or something like that. What do you think?
 
Dear Anonymous,

I was very touched by your letter. If only most men felt the way you do we probably wouldn't see so much violence in our world. (sorry guys, but it's the truth).

I am very sorry for the loss of your daughter, I know it must still be painful sometimes. You might even feel guilty if she isn't foremost on your mind. I hope you don't. Time will cause the pain to diminish and you will start to smile more when you think of her instead of feeling so devastated. This is a good thing.

I'm assuming that when you got married you promised to "forsake all others". Now to me, that means your world will revolve around her. Well now you revolve in a much bigger circle including your older daughter and grandchildren. I'd say your family is about the luckiest family around.

About being a political activist to make the world a safer place for your family, what more noble reason do you need? Love and concern is a springboard for activism. Keep up the good work.

Now what I see is a man who through pain has discovered that his family is everything. His pain has caused him to take action all the while trying to keep his family safe and secure. Every breath he takes is for his family. I believe "family" has saved many people from self destruction.
Anonymous you are on the right course, and through your actions perhaps other's will follow.

THANK YOU FOR ASKING
 
Thank you. :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night" ~ Sarah Williams

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." ~ Jonathan Schattke

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / July 2009 /


www.flickr.com
bridgesitter's photos More of bridgesitter's photos

Powered by Blogger