bridgesitter
Thursday, January 20, 2005
  Farm In Rollag MN
Farm In Rollag MN

This is the house my grandmother was born and raised in along with 12 other children. She's the one in the front on the right with the huge bow. Can you imagine trying to get all those whites washed on wash day? I saw this house when I was back in Minnesota. The house sits beside a large creek with pastures all around. The school house they went to still stands also and is down the street a bit. The town is famous for their Threshing Reunions. It's really quite beautiful out there in Rollage, green rolling hills in every direction. Alot of my relatives are buried out there in the cemetary. Sorry about it overflapping with my profile, I'll have to work on that, but for now I MUST get something else done!
 
Comments:
bridgesitter

Thanks for visiting my site and leaving such kind comments. Glad you got your Dutch back in working order. Your writing some good stuff. I'll be making return visits.

Ralph
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night" ~ Sarah Williams

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." ~ Jonathan Schattke

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / July 2009 /


www.flickr.com
bridgesitter's photos More of bridgesitter's photos

Powered by Blogger