bridgesitter
Monday, January 24, 2005
  Vi has died I have had a link to Vi's Page for awhile now. If you remember she is my friends mother who was diagnosed with cancer. Yesterday I was checking on any updates to her condition when I read her sons latest update. Vi died yesterday morning.

This had quite an impact on me. It happened way too fast. She was just up the day before having breakfast with everybody and then yesterday she wouldn't wake up. I immediately got off the internet and called Cheryl. She was very numb to the situation as I'm sure alot of her family were shocked. Cheryl said she had called hospice because her mother's breathing was not sounding right. I knew by what she described that she was hearing the death rattle. What a terrible term but widely used when describing someone in the last stage of dying. Her mother died before hospice could come. She described the situation of all the family members gathered around her mother's bed. She had wanted to keep her mother there for an extra day, I guess so other family could come and say their goodbyes. This was not feasible. She said the hardest thing was watching the funeral home workers putting her mother in a bag and zipping her up. I think this would have been horrifying! I thought they would have put her on a gurney and taken her out that way. Maybe they do it different now, I don't know.

She went on to explain that at least her mother didn't have to go through the agony and pain that everyone said she would have to endure. That at least she went peacefully in her sleep. Even though she has lots of family and friends around I wanted to be there for her. Even though I know Cheryl won't read this as she doesn't do computers and internet I want to say, I am so sorry about your mother, so sorry.
 
Comments:
I am sorry to hear about everyone's loss. Family and friends are really what matters most in the this life. Peace be with you. cliff
 
Sorry to hear about your friend :(. Nice, colorful jewellery! Thanks for visiting my site!
 
bridgesitter

Please accept my condolences. You will be our thoughts.

Ralph
 
I want to thank all of you for your fine comments. They are so appreciated.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night" ~ Sarah Williams

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." ~ Jonathan Schattke

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / July 2009 /


www.flickr.com
bridgesitter's photos More of bridgesitter's photos

Powered by Blogger