bridgesitter
Saturday, February 19, 2005
  I am not manic-depressive though I think I'm acting like it right now. Yesterday I was very excited and today feeling very depressed and downtrodden. On the verge of tears all day.

The sun was bright in the sky and warm on my skin. This is not natural in the middle of February in Oregon, it's usually rainy cold and miserable. So even though I enjoyed this luxury I new it was caused by the green house gases that are making the news again.

Also while I while away hours doing what it is I do, I've been oblivious to what's really going on in our world. Blissful ignorance. I'd like to go back there now thank you. But thanks to Gar, yes you Gar, my eyes have opened my heart is heavy and I feel helpless. (of course these aren't Gar's fault, he just reports the facts) Why are cold hard facts always a doomsday message?

Last but not least, my stepdaughter(from my first marriage) her husband was just diagnosed with stomach cancer. I just can't understand it. This is their third bout with this damn disease. Heather had hodgkins, David had testicular cancer when Heather was expecting twins. Now the twins are eight and now they must face yet again another onslaught of a terroist attack. That's what it is isn't it? Terrorist attack, an invader invading your borders. Taking over killing millions of healthy cells replacing them with diseased damaged and deranged cells? This war is a costly one. But at least everyone's sure who the enemy is. 
Comments:
Bridgesitter
 
Bridgesitter

I am sure I speak for a lot of your faithful readers when I say you and your family will be our thoughts and prayers.

Sorry, about posting that previous comment. Hit enter way to fast.
Ralph
 
Bridge,
This is heavy news. I'm sad to read this. My father died of an incurable type of cancer a year and 1/2 ago near my birthday. He led a fairly vigorous life for several years of that time, outliving the odds and working to find a cure, even.

My thoughts are with you and your family for a twist in fate.
Warmly,
Green-Eyed Lady
 
(Gar) I don't know you until seeing you here; if you come back in here to read, I'm heartbroken over the news of your daughter. :(
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night" ~ Sarah Williams

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." ~ Jonathan Schattke

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / July 2009 /


www.flickr.com
bridgesitter's photos More of bridgesitter's photos

Powered by Blogger