bridgesitter
Wednesday, February 16, 2005
  If Anyone's Looking For Me....... If anybody's looking for me I'm right here behind this computer. I live here now. I've got my cot set up right behind my chair so when I'm done here I just roll to the side and fall in my cot. That way I can just get up and start over. Sometimes the dogs have to move so I can find my way to the coffee.

With out meaning to, I've been rather sneaky. You know how kids get when they grow up and move away, you just don't see them like you used too. Things have been changing around here though. My kids can't reach me by phone because the phones always busy, so they must figure I'm doing something they're not apart of, so they've got to get my attention. Hee Hee. Reminds me of when they were little and the phone would ring, and the second I'm deep in some conversation or something they start tugging on my shirt, or screaming, or somebody's touching somebody. This is just like that. They have to come out here all the time now to see what I'm up to. It really cracks me up. It's been alot of fun. Even my stepson came out last night. Yes I've been having a lot of company.

Yesterday Jessie and Emily and I took the dogs to the beach, my two labs Siskiyou & Gunnar and Jessie's Rottweiler, Kano. The beach was deserted again, unbelievable because it has been really gorgeous lately. We had the best time. I don't know why I get so much pleasure watching these dang dogs running and swimming so much. But I do. The sun was shining, a little cold with a small breeze but the water was sparkling, and the sky so blue.

So anyway we're getting ready to leave and have to walk over this huge log to get across the stream to the parking lot. By this time we have the dogs on their leashes because people are starting to come around. Well Kano, he's over a hundred pounds, he's a little chicken when it comes to the water so Jessie lets him off his leash and throws it to me, so he can find a better way to cross the stream. Well he comes running to grama, yup that's me, he comes running and I grab his collar put his leash on and all is well. We're set to go.

All of a sudden this lady comes walking by holding this tiny little dog. Our dogs just love other dogs, especially if they are tiny!!! So Kano bursts forth and boom. All of me is laying flat on the rocks face in the sand. I've still got Kano on his leash mind you. Then I'm all wrapped up in a chaotic mess because the other dogs don't know what to make of mama, yep that's me too, being in the rocks face down in the sand, I've got leashes and dogs all over me and I'm sprawled out like a huge X.

One daughter's freaking out, said she heard a crack, one's trying not to laugh. It's seems I fall alot and they always thinks it's funny, (and no, I don't even drink). I'm just not very coordinated I guess, so I try to put myself back together brush the sand off, detangle myself from the leashes and were heading up the hill to the parking lot when I realize I don't have my glasses.

This is where I'm starting to get excited, the other stuff, that's just part of being me, but losing my glasses now that is something to take serious. I swear we searched and searched, looking under rocks, in the water, knowing for sure if we find them they are going to be broken and scratched.

So the three of us are sent out on search parties, this done by me of course. We cover every area we walked, we search boot prints, landmarks in the rocks, everywhere. Nothing. Now when I was little the neighbor lady, who ended up being my mother in law by the way, anyway she used to kind of watch me, she was Christian Science and she had alot of affirmations that she taught me, like "there is no spot where God is not" "fear is false evidence appearing real" stuff like that. One lesson she taught me is "Shepherd Show Me" Anyone hear of that? So the kid in me is thinking, okay, those glasses cost you 350 bucks, no way you'll get another pair! I've already made plans to wear those stupid dollar glasses from the dollar store for reading, wondering how I'm going to see so many things when Shepherd Show Me comes to mind....No kidding. So I'm walking around saying Shepherd show me, Shepherd show me over and over. I'm having my kids say it too. I go and retrace our steps again. Here is something how my prayer goes, "Okay God, I don't know where those glasses are, nobody knows where those glasses are, but you know where those glasses are and I really need you to show me where those glasses are."

Do you know what?

I'm walking along the stream that heads to the ocean and I just turn to take one last scan across the beach before giving up and there, sitting along the stream close to the waves all neat and tidy, folded and lenses sparkling in the sun, shining in all their glory, sits my glasses. It was incredible. I mean really. Is that not a miracle?...... I sure needed one too. Things have been really tough lately and the thought of losing my glasses was .....just too much for me. So yea, I just wanted to share that with ya.

Yesterday I wrote a long blog. (before my kids came over) It went on and on. After reading it, it sure sounded like a huge pity party. I had flyers and banners and streamers, I even had cake and coffee the whole nine yards. So needless to say I've spared everyone from that little number.

So it's almost time for me to roll to the side and fall into my cot. I got another big day tomorrow! Good night all!!!

PS My glasses are safely tucked into bed by the computer. l8-) 
Comments:
Bridgesitter

Nice Story! Last week, during a hectic morning, I spent 30 minutes looking for my glasses. My story didn't have the flare yours does. I found my glass when I stopped in front of mirror, only to discover I already had them on.

Ralph
 
I have a question...how do I get a 'links' section on the sidebar. I've tried looking on help and following the instructions, but pasting the html into my template doesn't seem to do anything. Sorry to bother you with this, but your blog was the first one I came across :P
Waffley xx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night" ~ Sarah Williams

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." ~ Jonathan Schattke

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / July 2009 /


www.flickr.com
bridgesitter's photos More of bridgesitter's photos

Powered by Blogger