bridgesitter
Wednesday, February 23, 2005
  Just In Case... I have decided to post a living will right here on my blog. That way it's out there for the world to see should anything happen. This I do to remove any doubts about my wishes thus hopefully avoiding a battle between the right to die and the right to live chaos that reigns.


I, Bridgesitter, known by this name for blogging purposes both to my children and husband hereby state the following:
  1. I do not wish to be kept alive by artificial means if it is deemed that I am in a vegetative state.
  2. If I should suffer from a stroke that leaves me unable to read, write, or communicate, (it must be all three) through speech my wishes for my care, I do not want to be kept alive artificially.
  3. If by any means my heart should stop beating, I do not want to be resuscitated.
  4. If I should die due to any circumstances whatsoever I give full permission for any organs to be harvested if deemed usable.
  5. I wish my body to be cremated and my ashes spread over the hills and by Rose Lake near Vergas Minnesota on a warm and blustery summer day.
  6. I leave any memorial wishes up to my children as to what would comfort them most. I do ask that "I come to the garden alone...."and "amazing grace" be sung at any service for me.
I leave this here on my blog so that any additions to this may be updated as needed. Though Statements 1-6 are in concrete.
Signed by me,
Bridgesitter 2.23.05

I've got one of these somewhere in print, but should the house burn down or something this is in the blogesphere. Plus my filing techniques leave much to be desired.  
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
"Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night" ~ Sarah Williams

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." ~ Jonathan Schattke

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / July 2009 /


www.flickr.com
bridgesitter's photos More of bridgesitter's photos

Powered by Blogger