bridgesitter
Wednesday, February 23, 2005
  Library. Produce. Dating. So anyway, I email my daughter this morning to tell her about the 8 registered sexual offenders that had just been booted out of a house in her neighborhood. They didn't say where they were booted off too, just that the zoning wasn't proper for their situation. I mean this is a single family dwelling zone!!! Do they make a registered sexual offender zone? hmmm... So Yeah, Anyone in the XXXXXX district in XXXXX. Be warned! If you want to know where these areas are please check your Oregonian.

So naturally I tell her to be alert, have keys at the ready and to just be aware. She informs me after a couple of blind dates and dating friends, that she's had it with dating. I tell her good. You don't have enough time for men anyway.

I do point out the fact that they, "they" we haven't figured out who they are yet. But anyway they have said it's good to meet people in the library. Or maybe in the produce section... Then I get to thinking, so I tell her, don't meet anybody in the serial killer section, and try to stay away from the section about dealing with homosexual tendencies. She mentioned a book as yet unwritten, (I hope) Serial Killing for Dummies. She has a good laugh, so do I. But still you can't help but worry about the people your children might get mixed up with.

An email from my daughter as she's multitasking:

you are too funny mom!!!

senario:

my thoughts..."hmm, he's cute..., but he's in the
homosexual tendency
section...hmmm, damnit!!"
or: "Oh hi, don't I know you from
the yadda yadda" ....."yeah, we
should get to gether sometime"
"oh, what are you reading?" ...."oh, uh
huh, the idiot's guide to serial killing"
....hmmm.... "yeah I think
I'm going to skip out on that one.
maybe i'll just see you around next
time." fade to black.

My mother's guide to dating in the
metropolis!!!!! I love it. You've
got a great book there mom.

so I'm stuffing my laughter down my throat
while sitting in my cubicle!! ;)

So yeah it does, dating sucks. but whatever.
at least my time is
filled with many other 'things'.


maybe put a post it on your computer
to SAVE SAVE!!! or????

love you,


I told my girls, before they get involved with anybody they really need to do a credit check, a background check, and it wouldn't hurt to check the FBI's most wanted list either. BTW before we go any further, what is your social security number?

I'm signing off again..... 
Comments:
One of my boys who eats a lot of breakfast cereal has a tee shirt with the words "CEREAL KILLER" on the chest.
Your Daughter should also be careful in the cereal isle.
 
Bridgesitter

I think all parents worry about their kids, no matter how old they are. Tell your daughter in the library if they are not reading a book and in the grocery store if they have an empty cart they are probably there for “other” reasons.

Ralph
 
gar, I know the northwest is famous for the notorious Green River Killer and sombody else though the names escapes me for now. But alot of those guys come from the midwest. No bash on midwesterner's, I love the midwest... there are dandy's all over the world...
 
First Cliff I must say, "I WANT THAT T-SHIRT!" secondly Ralph, you are so right. Yes if you could reach up and brush the hair away from their forhead you might find a nice little red stamp that says "date me?"
 
Hi my 1st time here; put you into favorites after reading one poem & read several terrific posts since!

Found you via Marty's blog, via Ralph (and Cliff's) blogs, after Ralph visited mine, after I blog hopped. That said, (rather verbosely ;), I'm in heaven here! I, too, write poetry, but not been brave enough to post much of it on my blog. Am also a photographer, pastel painter (landscape, pets, etc), and I make beaded jewelry.

Aside from that, love the humor and comraderie here. I just (partially) roasted my 18 yr old on my blog for her B-day Fri. I should be finishing that, but I'm working: reading blogs. ;) Glad I found you!

Green-Eyed Lady
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night" ~ Sarah Williams

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." ~ Jonathan Schattke

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / July 2009 /


www.flickr.com
bridgesitter's photos More of bridgesitter's photos

Powered by Blogger