bridgesitter
Tuesday, February 22, 2005
  Please explain to me....... Fridays Oregonian had a front page article that left me stunned. It seems a man (turns out it's the grandfather!) abused a 3 year old girl. Served 6 months in prison and is now living within one mile of the victims home.

This is the stuff that nightmares are made of. What in the #@$& is he doing out after only 6 months? What kind of man would even do this? Go ahead and tell me there's nothing wrong with how our government works!! We're supposed to trust them to make decisions for our lives? Geeze I can't even write any more about this. 
Comments:
Okay bridgesitter, come have a look. I have finished the tree, at least as far as it's going. And I've rewritten the two that were on there. cliff
 
I've written extensively on this issue on other blogs. It is one of the rare cases where I feel the death penalty is the closest form of "justice." I wish, with all my heart, that life imprisonment truly was carried out and such criminals were NEVER released.

However, the reality is, in the USA at least, that these criminals who perform such heinous violent, sickening acts, continue to victimize. No injections, no rehabilitation, no cognitive therapy, has been shown to truly reduce whatever causes the person to commit and REPEAT such abominations.

I could write too much here about this. I'm glad you posted this because too many people block out such atrocities and do nothing to try to prevent this from being part of our society.
Tearfully,
Green-Eyed Lady
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night" ~ Sarah Williams

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." ~ Jonathan Schattke

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / July 2009 /


www.flickr.com
bridgesitter's photos More of bridgesitter's photos

Powered by Blogger