bridgesitter
Wednesday, February 23, 2005
  Where do my words go....... Yesterday I wrote another Pulitzer Prize piece 8-) !!! I don't know why these great blogs I write disappear into where I don't know. Okay it wasn't that great. But it was mine and it's gone. I wrote about many things, and I felt very satisfied after having said what I wanted to say. Anyway Leah, one of my daughters came over so I thought I would save it to draft, and guess what? My computer had disconnected once again, sending my words to who knows where. This really ticks me off.

Writing to me is like making a really nice dinner, I labor over it, my eyes keep scanning the recipe making sure I've entered all the right ingredients in the proper order. I retaste it over and over to make sure it's just right. I then place it lovingly in a nice bowl to serve it up special. I hope those who partake of it are fed and nourished. That they will remember what a great dish it was. Or maybe that it had filled an unexplainable hunger they had. Maybe be what is termed " comfort food". Anyway, that beautiful and lovingly created dish was cruelly snatched from my hands and thrown into some dark abyss somewhere never to be seen again.

To be a great writer, which is what I strive for, do you have to have the heart to write the same thing over again? I don't mean editing what you've written, but starting over from scratch after having lost the cook book. Now I'm not claiming I'm a great writer, because God knows I'm far from it. But it is something I'm striving for. I want my words to flow melodiously off the lips of someone who cares enough to speak them. I want to write so the words form curling, warming and colorful, (I stole that phrase from someone) smoke rings before your eyes.

Having said all this I must try to find my dictionary. I hope I didn't sell it accidentally hmph...Why is it that when I use the blogger spell checker it always wants me to change the word blog into blocs or something. Couldn't they have at least put that one word into their dictionary as a legitimate word?

This is an addendendum (spell check time) So I just get this email from my daughter Anna who has a very boring job right now, she also deals with ADHD, so one computer screen is not enough for her, so she emails me and others at the same time she's working on another tab or screen or computer what ever. Mom, she says, you need to save your stuff as you go. Or write it in word pad first. You know, I know these things, but I have a tough noggen and It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. I'm still amazed I can write on this screen and it appears on yours.


Oh-oh, time for a joke my husband told me one time.

Okay there's this Norwegian guy, he loved his wife so much................he almost told her.

ps, I like how I spell addendendum better. 
Comments:
Bridgesitter

I agree. I also like to cook. However, have you ever noticed that by the time you get done cooking a really nice dinner - you aren't hungry. Everyone enjoys it, but not you. Writing is often like that. We labor only to get it done, the enjoyment of it is left up to others.

Ralph
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night" ~ Sarah Williams

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." ~ Jonathan Schattke

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / July 2009 /


www.flickr.com
bridgesitter's photos More of bridgesitter's photos

Powered by Blogger