bridgesitter
Saturday, April 09, 2005
  Lightly Fanciful

Dragonfly Dangles

In an attempt to get myself out of the doldrums I've decided to upload some of my jewelry pics to flickr. Actually my daughter
Anna took these wonderful pictures for me. I just wanted to post a couple on my blog. I don't want you guys to think that I sit around and mope and dwell in the past because that's actually not me at all. I do mope some, a bad habit, but all in all I work very hard to maintain an easy going persona. Sometimes I'm not very successful, but I do try. These earrings I really like because they're rather whimsical which not only do I like the word itself I like the meaning of the word. Just having looked the word up in my dictionary I see there are different meanings, I choose to convey with these earrings, "lightly fanciful".

dragonfly & suns necklace

I added this for Green-Eyed-Lady- Thanks btw ;-) I just sold this piece, didn't get much but as my husband always says, "better then a poke in the eye with a sharp stick"!
 
Comments:
I love these pieces! The earrings have a delicate beauty mainly due to the lovely shades you chose for the beads, and the thin silver swirls in the teardrop-shaped top. The necklace, however, it the piece I would be more likely to wear. Green is my favorite color. They both make me think of one of my best friends, who is a landscaper with a passion for dragonflies.

Thanks for sharing them! :0)
 
I like em bridgesitter. You do nice work. I'm not a jewelry officianado (sp) but they look good to me.
 
Okay bridgesitter, I caught you. They sell these in the Cabellas catalogue. They're called Walleye Whammi's.
 
What!!!???!! give me that cabela's!
 
Yes, I find them very charming ... They seem like the kind that would make you feel enchanting just by wearing them.
 
Thank you Astrid, Cliff is just being a bully!
 
now hold on thar pardner. I think I said I'm not a jewelry type person. As a matter of fact I have purchased jewelry for Marilyn. But the hardware store here in town quit handling it and now I have to go with kitchen appliances when I'm really trying to make and impression. I know it works cuz my Wife can remember every present I've given her in the last 5 years. But if I were to start giving jewelry again, I'd give my wife something that looks like this.
 
Lovely! I, too, love the word whimsical. Where is the necklace Aravis speaks of? We need to move closer to each other and partner up for jewerly shows! :)
 
Thank you bridgesitter! Green is a fave colour of mine. I can see why it sold! I smile when I look at it. I bet your business thrives. :)

In a twist of fate, I purposefully removed the post and photo of my green necklace from my blog, of a completely different style, that I posted about a month ago.

Many people wanted to see more pieces, but I didn't know if I was violating a blogging ethic by displaying that photo. I guess not. Duh on me!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night" ~ Sarah Williams

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." ~ Jonathan Schattke

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / July 2009 /


www.flickr.com
bridgesitter's photos More of bridgesitter's photos

Powered by Blogger