bridgesitter
Thursday, May 05, 2005
  trucks passing in traffic "my other toy has tits"
Yes the writing is very small, the reason is because some small minded people made a bumper sticker out of the above quote.


As my daughter Leah and I were down in Newport driving in after work traffic, not much of that here by the way, we happened to be behind this truck that had the above mentioned sticker, not on his bumper but right at eye level stuck to the middle of his rear window.
I wanted to jump out of my daughter's truck and rip it off that young kids truck. The bumper sticker looked brand new, so my daughter and I imagined that it must not have been there long.... Not enough woman had seen it yet. Of course I didn't rip it off, but as we got in the other lane and became side by side I did let that kid know it was not a good idea. No, I didn't yell at him, I wanted too. But instead I held my head in that motherly way shaking my head no, you know the way mother's do that let's their kids know they've done bad?

I'm not one of those people who can speak the right thing at the right time, so it's best sometimes just to leave my mouth shut, so I'm hoping that he got my message. What would you guys have done?


 
Comments:
I'm a hothead. So chances are I would have looked at him coldly and very calmly said "You're an asshole" before driving away.

But the things I'd be thinking would be far more violent.

Other things to say might have included:

"Oh, are they plastic?"

or

"Don't get too rough with them. They might pop."

Because the only date I can imagine this ass getting, other than one with his hand, is with an inflatable Susie doll...
 
You could have yelled, "I feel sorry for your other toy."
I never do or say anything that I'd like to either.
We're wimps, I guess.
 
bridgesitter
Aravis summed it up pretty well. My guess is it was a fairly young kid who never had a date. If so, I bet he only has one with the same girl.
I would have for sure told my daughter to stay away from him, people like him, people that even looked like him.
Ralph
 
You should have yelled, "my daugnter's not your type, she's not inflatable".
 
Happy Mothers day bridgesitter!! Hope you had a good one.
 
Thought I'd say "hi" again. I can't see your post, but hope you had a great Mom's Day!
 
I wouldn't have done or thought anything really. I've seen a lot worse. We have become a decadent society. Anything goes.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night" ~ Sarah Williams

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." ~ Jonathan Schattke

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / July 2009 /


www.flickr.com
bridgesitter's photos More of bridgesitter's photos

Powered by Blogger