bridgesitter
Tuesday, June 07, 2005
  Fingers on the keyboard Ramblin' Rose,
Ramblin' Man,
Ramblin' Pam,
yup, I'm ramblin' away. It's nearly midnight and all is quiet. I should be sleeping but I'm not. (So far sounds like a country song).

She makes me feel like a guitar strummin'. Maybe the song is Cracklin Rosie? Oh well. Don't ya just hate it when you're singing along and you've got all the words wrong? Do you ever catch yourself trying to cover your mistakes even when no one else is around? Now that Ramblin' Man I believe is the correct title, who did that? Was that the Winter Brother's? Does anyone remember Leon Russell? My friend in Minnesota who is my age does not have the foggiest idea who that is. Was he only popular in the 70's in California? I was a real big fan of the Doobie Brothers in high school. I also loved Jethro Tull. I think it was the beat of the drums, and how it filled me up with it's pounding and I became the music itself. I can hear it loud and clear as I sit here.
I went to a concert once with my brother and the man who was to be my husband and the father of my kids. It was outdoors in what I think was the San Diego Stadium, Chargers? Was their baseball team the Padres? Geeze some details elude me. The Eagles were playing, Linda Rondstadt, Jackson Brown, the son was hot and there were people everywhere. A heavy blanket of marijuana smoke hung over the crowd as the smell of stale beer seemed to be at my level. It was my first concert. The second one I went to, was at University of California San Diego. Boz Scaggs was playing. I really enjoyed him too. I love the song Harbor Lights, and many more that I can't recall right now. I was also very heavy into Neil Young, Man needs a maid. The needle and the damage done. Down by the river, long version. Words. What album is that? The music is all crystal clear in my head but the words are not. When I listened to music back then, the words were the most important to me.

Now where is that country song I'm writing here? I should be in bed but I'm not....

When I was in high school, I should say when I would go to school, my favorite class was English Literature. We had this great book about poetry. I think it still sits on my book shelf. Quite worn, loose pages. But I learned about T.S. Eliot there, The Love song of J. Alfred Prufrock, "...With insidious intent." A lot of great words in that one. That is one that I had to memorize. At the time I didn't understand a word I was muttering in front of the class. Anyway, I loved it when we had to read the poems and talk about what they were trying to convey. I didn't really care for Emily Dickinson then, but I have become very fond of her writings as I get
older. This line from one of her poem's is one of my favorites: "There is no Frigate like a book to take us lands away, nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." I liked reading Anne Sexton because she seemed so rebellious in the poetry world. The things she wrote about, people just never openly talked about. Though they were going on everywhere around us, you just didn't speak about it. Incest, drug abuse, and suicide. These kinds of words were commonly used or performed when drunk or in a state of "drug abuse."

I've taken my time writing this and I think I might have spilled a few little beads or something in my keyboard as I keep missing letters and have to go back and fix it. Could be I'm finally ready for bed. Not bad it's almost 1:00 am. The sky is just starting to look like dusk now in Alaska.

good night sleep tight

 
Comments:
Your thoughts rambled like the song, and it was a beautiful thing.

Reading about the concert made me wish I was at an outdoor one right now, barefoot in the grass and music all around.

Why do I never do these things anymore?
 
Today the song "flower girl" has come to mind also. "There goes the flower girl, blah blah blah, flowers everywhere..." I don't know the other lyrics. I don't think Jethro Tull did "Sitting on the Dock of the bay" I think it was Otis Redding, or he sang it. I like that song but it's sure depressing.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night" ~ Sarah Williams

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." ~ Jonathan Schattke

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / July 2009 /


www.flickr.com
bridgesitter's photos More of bridgesitter's photos

Powered by Blogger