bridgesitter
Monday, June 13, 2005
  I'm really irked! and Seeing Red I'm moving happily along here doing what it is I do. Two service men show up, the water department. They set about turning off my water. I yell out the window, (I'm not dressed yet, or I would have been in their face) that I paid my bill. They make a little call on their cute little cell phone, that I'm sure my late fees have paid for. Still my water is off and they drive off in their new gas guzzling truck. So about an hour later they come back and turn my water on.

I still have a door hanger that tells me my water is turned off due to non-payment. So I call the water department and ask what is going on with my water. She states emphatically that they will be here soon to turn my water back on. I tell her they already have. But I inquire as to their reasons for the turn off. She tells me she's sorry, she made a mistake.

Oh, I see, so what do I owe you then. Oh there is a late fee of 30 dollars she tells me. So I inquire as to when my payment was received. She states the 31st upon looking at her records but it wasn't posted until the 6th. So I ask, then perhaps you could waive that late fee as I was late by one day. She states, no I can't do that. So I blast into her.

Sorry I can't help it. It's the same story regarding any official office of government. They don't grant grace, yet you are continually supposed to forgive them their ineptness.

She says she doesn't have to take that from me. Then as a good public service person does, she hangs up on me. I did not swear, I didn't say anything rash, I just accused her of being inept. What else do you call it when an official office takes it into their hands to turn your water off when an employee makes a mistake?

I am really quick to forgive, but that doesn't mean I have to take this kind of stuff like a door mat. Does it? Imagine all the scenerios that could have been going on during that hour that require water when I was without.


 
Comments:
I don't blame you in the least. I would not only have blasted her, but demanded to speak with her supervisor, especially after she hung up on me! Grrr
 
May I suggest someone higher up. Mayor, councilman...
I once took a drivers test for my CDL. I met an irate citizen going in. (she was coming out) While I was there someone called to dress down the license examiners. When he hung up. He was asked about the call, he said, "did you think we were rude to that lady"? "That was the governors office".
Just call an elected official, they will extract the 'pound of flesh' for you. I know.... I'm elected.
 
Thanks Cliff. Will you call my Mayor? Thanks now. Gotta go! ;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night" ~ Sarah Williams

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." ~ Jonathan Schattke

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / July 2009 /


www.flickr.com
bridgesitter's photos More of bridgesitter's photos

Powered by Blogger