bridgesitter
Wednesday, July 13, 2005
 

I just got a call from my ex-husband. It went something like this:

"Just got a call from the police department, they pulled some guy over with the green van".

"Oh?"

"Yea, Emily drove the green van home last night"

"OH!!?"

"She's not answering her phone"

my heart stopped beating at this time as I recalled all the horror stories in the news.....

"Did the policeman say Emily was in the van?"

"No, but the guy got pulled over for drinking"

"oh..."

"Do you know some guy named Jacob?"

"no.." words have never failed me so much in my life....I'm dizzy just thinking about it...

"I have to run down there"

"Ask the cops if the guy knows where Emily is?"

"Don't freak out! I'm sure nothings wrong"

"okay..." I'm trying to figure out how to get to Emily's house without a car....."i'll call Emily"

"okay, I'll call the cops again and ask if the guy knows where Emily is"

"okay"

I'm writing this through ragged breaths as relief floods over me because my daughter Emily just answered her phone. She is safe. The van is gone. She is safe. She just woke up. She is safe and she is home and I am writing this because I have too....because I am so relieved. 
Comments:
I'm so glad she's alright! *MAJOR HUGS*
 
Thanks Aravis, me too. If you knew my daughter you'd know she goes straight home, doesn't pick up strangers, and is fanatical against people who drink and drive. Plus the fact that she would under no circumstances allow anyone to drive her dads vehicles, so hopefully that explains why my imagination went wild. The worst case scenerios played out in my mind, I was left shaking in my chair for quite some time. That's why I had to blog about it. I couldn't get up.
 
Oh, I forgot to say a 17 year old kid was arrested today in Newport Oregon for driving a stolen vehicle. He was also on drugs.
 
Wow, I'm glad this turned out. I know the feeling. Your brain tries to tell you to remain calm but your emotions go ballistic. Kinda makes you want to hit a kid with a ball bat.
 
Whew! That protective feeling about your kids is always there, especially when your heart is caught in your throat. So glad she's fine!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night" ~ Sarah Williams

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." ~ Jonathan Schattke

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / July 2009 /


www.flickr.com
bridgesitter's photos More of bridgesitter's photos

Powered by Blogger