bridgesitter
Tuesday, September 20, 2005
  Emily asked me this question..... "Why are you acting like everything is normal around here?"
This was my reply:


"I'm not pretending like everything's normal
I'm just grabbing onto the moments that are."


Is this called escapism? Or trying to keep the peace?
or the sign of someone losing their mind? Or all three?


Also now that the grandfather knows, I can share this wonderful news!!!!!

I am going to be an official

"Grandma"

My Leah Marie who is living in Alaska
is going to be a mother!!!! Yes she is and I'm very excited.

Thank you, thank you very much!!!!



 
Comments:
Congratulations on becoming a grandma. Normal, whatever that is, is highly overrated.
Ralph
 
Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for her, and for you. This is wonderful news. :0)

And I agree with Ralph re: normal.
 
Hi Pia, thanks for the congrats! Emily is more or less very happy here! She has cousins everywhere which is a good thing, she has left a situation that was not healthy and is now surrounded by people who really care about her. She does butt heads with Aunty Ingrid constantly though. My job has become one of referee and mediater when they are in the same room together.

I think there are degrees of normal, but believe me when I tell you that I have to "pretend" often that things are "normal" here. I think any definition of normal would be something that you've seen or experienced sometime in your life. I'm in the twilight zone.
But-there's never a dull moment!!

The kids are great kids btw!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night" ~ Sarah Williams

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." ~ Jonathan Schattke

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / July 2009 /


www.flickr.com
bridgesitter's photos More of bridgesitter's photos

Powered by Blogger