bridgesitter
Thursday, September 01, 2005
  The House in Hansville Well Emily and I have been here since, ya know I don't even know when we got here. There is no sense of time here as everyone seems to stay up to all hours of the day and night. They have a computer which I am using as I write this from their school room. Yes they have a large school room in this house that sits off of the laundry. It has a library, lots of books, a huge table, couch and various other things that would make up a school room. Oh lets not forget a couple of old time desks that I assume are for the younger children.

I will have to confess that I made a mistake in thinking there were seven children. There are only six. This explains why when ever I have tried to name all the children there was always one whose name I could not remember. We have all had a great laugh over this, so Michael who is the youngest at 7, came around the kitchen with his knees in his shoes pretending to be that nameless child! I will post some pictures as soon as I get my computer up and running as the set up they have here is far too complex with too many pieces of equipment, and more wires then carters has pills. Please remember that I have only met the two oldest which are Christopher who is 19 and Sherri Anne who just turned 18. These first two are very tall. Christopher towers over me by about a foot and a half, Sherri Anne by about a foot. Then we have Keith who is 14, Angela who is 13, Christy who is 9 and Michael who is 7.

I have much to write about but I wanted to say that I have found these kids to be marvelously bright and intelligent. Many times my jaw has dropped in wonder as Michael or Christy are able to use more intelligent words then I can think of as I write this sentence! 
Comments:
It sounds like you're having fun settling in. I hope everything works out for you. Good luck! :0)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night" ~ Sarah Williams

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." ~ Jonathan Schattke

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / July 2009 /


www.flickr.com
bridgesitter's photos More of bridgesitter's photos

Powered by Blogger