bridgesitter
Friday, September 16, 2005
  I'm skirting here.... Yes I'm skirting around here, dancing in circles, doing a little tango, skirt flying through the air as I dance my way around the issues.


Today pulling myself out of bed my second thought is of steaming hot creamy sweet coffee and a morning cigarette, I make my way down the stairs quietly not to wake a soul. Ingrid is in the kitchen before me, finishing up some cleaning that didn't get done the night before. First thing she says to me is that I need to hear what "so and so" I can't remember, said about how the week before the hurricane blew into New Orleans the people there were planning on something called Decadence week, (I could be wrong in the name there) Damn I wish she wouldn't do this to me. I asked her if she knew that the ones who suffered the most were the poor, the black, and thousands of children? You see now she is worried that God will come and judge Seattle. This all has to do with how America has allowed 40 million abortions, homosexuality, drunkness, etc.

I reminded her of scriptures that I read in Sojourners Magazine about how rain falls on the just and the unjust. Grace is something we don't deserve, that God doesn't give us what we deserve or we'd probably all be dead anyhow. Just look at all the wonderful things we've done since we set foot on American soil. Naturally this doesn't get me far. She says because we have not stood with Isreal and have allowed the Jews to be removed from Gaza that we have just allowed all of God's wrath to be rained down upon us.


There was a scripture verse in the article that I thought explained alot and I want to put it here. (this situation is bringing out all of my years of past bible study lessons, so bear with me okay?, I can fling scripture with the best of them)


"And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice." (I Kings 19:11-12)


After reading this I would surmise that natural disasters will occur, shit happens, but God isn't the one who creates the havoc, he supplies the grace to get through it. And because I am who I am I have to wonder about the ones who didn't get through it,.... but that is for another time.

 
Comments:
The still small voice is the one I strive to hear. Nothing turns me off more with Christians then the ones who feel they have to pound God's love into your brain through ranting and raving and threats of eternal fire.
 
Oh, I forgot, you got an extra zoloft?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night" ~ Sarah Williams

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." ~ Jonathan Schattke

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / July 2009 /


www.flickr.com
bridgesitter's photos More of bridgesitter's photos

Powered by Blogger