bridgesitter
Wednesday, September 21, 2005
  Old Newspaper Clipping picture of Ingrid & I

This is a picture of Ingrid on the left and me on the right and a boy who I'm sorry to say I cannot remember. Poway, California 1969-'70?

The above newspaper clipping brought back many memories, mostly the smell of linseed oil that permeated the air while trying to paint in Agnes Trestrails Oil Painting class. It's so funny how looking at a picture can bring back so many things. I remember the shirt I was wearing, the texture and the pointy collar, the blue skirt and the belt that came with it. Even now I cringe when I think of those shoes I was wearing. Eegads! Gross! Crinkly white patent leather shoes!!

I was very proud of that painting though, I think I did a really good job on that horses head. Somewhere amongst all the moves we did at that time in our lives, the painting got lost, along with a lot of other things. 
Comments:
Coming across old things like this is fun, and brings up terrific memories. :0)
 
Or is reminds you of all those things you tried to block out!!! ;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night" ~ Sarah Williams

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." ~ Jonathan Schattke

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / July 2009 /


www.flickr.com
bridgesitter's photos More of bridgesitter's photos

Powered by Blogger