bridgesitter
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
  I still have part of my mind!! We have been here now 52 days I think. That is almost two months. Alot has happened and a lot has not happened.

I have a JOB!!!!

I am now what is called a Home Care/Companion. I am one of those people who help your grandmothers, grandfathers, or anyone that might need a little extra help around their home. Whether it be in bathing, meal preparation, running errands, drives in the country, or just sitting around shooting the bull. I am good at these things. I am taking care of one woman at present who really seems to like me. She is a little Scandinavian woman nearing 90 and she likes my Scandinavian looks. Ha ha!! She also likes the way I place her towels on the towel rack, the way I offer to clean her floor and her cupboards, and she even trusts me to wash her valuable dishes!!!

I like this job. I get to get lost in more places now then just in Hansville. I'm learning all the roads not to take when trying to get somewhere and how not to find my way home. My hours are still minimum but these will increase when I take a course that will certify me. Then I will be certifiably insane and then they can place me in more homes. You see I still have my sense of humor intact. A little rusty but it still works. It is my greatest coping skill.

Lets see what else is going on????? I can't write about it yet. Crazy!! Unbelievable!!! But.......
I am selling my jewelry in a local gift shop and that is really awesome. Right now the same woman has bought my jewelry. 3 bracelets and now a necklace. I love this woman who ever she is. When I see her, should she happen to be wearing any of said jewelry I will kiss her feet. She has helped to keep me in gas and smokes, two necessities right now. Oh, God lets not forget the coffee. Yes good strong coffee!!!

I also have Randy and my ex-husband to thank for helping to keep Emily and I stocked in gas, various sundries, money that goes to Ingrid, and emotional support, this offered by other bloggers who know who they are ;-)

Anyway, I won't go into the family dynamics at this point because I might start pulling my hair again, and I can't afford to lose anymore!!!! Let's just say that I get a lot of blank stares from the Queen of this castle. We live in a very large castle that is surrounded by 6" tall fences, and I fear that no one will get out alive. I speak English and I haven't figured out what language she speaks yet. It's foreign, very foreign. Excuse me if I'm making light banter here but that is what is required of me right now. I have to keep my heart light, my sense of humor up and keep plodding away until such time I figure out what in the hell I'm doing here. I have to remind myself that we needed a place to go, and the Queen asked us here so that we might help in maintaining her castle and subjects.  
Comments:
Congratulations on the new job!!! I'm so happy for you, and know this must be a tremendous relief. I love how you describe the lady you're caring for, and your tongue-in-cheek description of finding, or not finding, your way around. I'm also so very happy for you on selling some of your jewelry. Above and beyond the fact that it pays for gas and smokes, it must be so gratifying that someone likes your work so much. Hurray!

As for the Ice Queen, all I can tell you is hang in there until you can leave. And as always, I stand ready to listen if you need me. I'm sure we all do. Otherwise I'll stand by and listen to whatever you care to share. *HUG*
 
You guys are awesome!!! Thanks so much for the kind words, words of encouragement and just all around for everything, and the fact that you still visit my blog when I have not been to anyones for so long.

I kid you not when I say my computer might as well be at the library for the long line in waiting to use it. Of course I could play b*tch and not share, but others are looking for sanity outside these walls of ours too.
 
Just so you check in when you can. I check often so you don't need to be worrying me. :) I'm glad you found a job, if nothing else, to get away from the queen for a while.
 
Wonderful news about your new job! Super that you like it so much. Fantastic news about your jewelry!
:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night" ~ Sarah Williams

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." ~ Jonathan Schattke

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / July 2009 /


www.flickr.com
bridgesitter's photos More of bridgesitter's photos

Powered by Blogger