bridgesitter
Sunday, November 06, 2005
  Where have all the flowers gone?
flowers spun,
summer is gone,
warm balmy breezes have blew by
The leaves are dropping
colors changing as they fall
the earth caresses them
in dewy drops
and moisture kisses
Sliding sun behind the mountains
gone much too soon for me
I strain my neck across the railing
kiss me once more before you leave
blinding rays with misty haze
the setting of the sun
~me


I know it sucks, but hey, it was there, I wrote it and
now it's done. I still take credit for it. I am responsible
for my ways, my errors, my mistakes and my bad poetry.
I have been informed today that my children have no morals,
I am a bad example, and christians shouldn't eat pork.

If I could take full responsiblity for the way my children
turned out I would, but it's not my doing. God gave them
brains and damnit they use 'em. I
happen to think my
daughters are wonderful. Loving, caring, considerate, their
good to their mama, and their daddy, and a true pleasure to be with.
They have ideas and opinions, their inovative and creative and
and I think they have marvelous integrity.


But.....otherwise everything
is going along and we are all surviving. My sense of humor
needs a little lift. Anybody got any good jokes. Where is
Cliff when I need him?

Oh and by the way everyone, I was back looking at some
old comments made by you and well you have all touched
me deeply, made me laugh, made me cry and made me think.
Damn, I hate it when you make me think.....but yet,
I am grateful to the lot of you. xoxoxoxoxox

bridge

 
Comments:
I really liked the poem bridge, especially:

I strain my neck across the railing
kiss me once more before you leave
blinding rays with misty haze
the setting of the sun
.

Really beautiful.

Take what she says with a grain of salt; it's about as much as it's worth. I love what you wrote about your daughters. You're lucky to have them, and they you. :0)
 
The poem doesn't 'suck,' it's pretty nice really. I like the line that says 'kiss me once more.' Glad you're still perking!
 
I like the poem, too Bridge. I was also struck by the part Aravis referred to. Popped in to say "hi" and I've been thinking of you still all this time.... Waves ~~~~~ :)
 
That ain't bad poetry, you are clearly underestimating yourself!!! And don't worry, summer will come again, but first, I have to beat you in a SNOWFIGHT!!! Get ready for it!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"Though my soul may set in darkness, It will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly To be fearful of the night" ~ Sarah Williams

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." ~ Jonathan Schattke

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / July 2009 /


www.flickr.com
bridgesitter's photos More of bridgesitter's photos

Powered by Blogger